Babar Haq

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Cvs and gCvs on Fedora Core 5

This is to discourage Fraz from reading my blog:) Anyway recently I installed CVS server and client on a customers Fedora Core 5 system.

As for the server I followed my own quick Howto from here . The differences were that Fedora Core 5 doesent have xinetd super server by default. I installed it like this
# yum install xinetd.

Secondly the cvsadmin link in my howto is broken. So I managed to download a working rpm from here

As for the cvs client I used gCvs. Its rpm can be downloaded and installed from here. Though the installation went fine but due to some GCC compatibilty it would not run. For that I had to install some libstdc related packages. This is all you have to do for yum enabled systems:
# yum install compat-libstdc++-33 compat-libstdc++-296

Thats all :)

3 Comments:

  • Naa brother! I love Fedora installations! Man I used to travel around the world when they had Fedora fairs in Fedora recreational parks!

    Here's to Superman then...

    By Blogger Mohican, At 6:16 PM  

  • Hi, another package is required (not already used in my system):

    gcvs: error while loading shared libraries: libtcl8.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

    (resolved doing yum install tcl)

    BTW, the program is really quite bad compared to the windows version... really a pitty

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:54 PM  

  • I guess my system already had TCL. Anyway thanx for the tip.

    I fully agree with the comparison.

    By Blogger Babar Haq, At 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home