Babar Haq

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Firefox jre plugin for ubuntu 10.04 stops working

A couple of days ago in my efforts to join a webex session I realized that my firefox java plugin was not working. Then I remembered reading some where that Sun Java is being removed from ubuntu for some xyz reason. Details in the source links at the end.
As always my first level of support is freenode server, ubuntu channel on irc :) There everybody actually laughed at my 10.04 :) since most of the people are after the latest and the greatest. Never the less I finally managed to find a link giving me everthing step by step. So here is what I did to get my java firefox plugin back.

  1. sudo apt-get purge sun-java6-bin (Please note it will uninstall all softwares depending on java)
  2. Put the line deb http://www.duinsoft.nl/pkg debs all in the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. import the gpg key with the command (all on one line)
    sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 5CB26B26
  4. sudo apt-get update
  5. sudo apt-get install update-sun-jre
Everything starts working.
Source:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Java
http://www.duinsoft.nl/packages.php?t=en

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • squares with various tea leaves and tea flavors inside
    each square. I won't spoil your surprises and give away any more details. Cranberry studios developed this sequel while publisher Anaconda brings it to you in stores.

    My homepage bronx hotels

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home